Larry Giammo – Senior Vice President
Larry has extensive leadership experience in the business, government and nonprofit sectors. With US-Asia Links, he serves in a strategic consulting and project management role. Larry also presently works in real estate – he is licensed in Maryland, Washington, DC and Virginia.
Previously, in the private sector, Larry served as:
- Managing Director with the Matrix Knowledge Group which provided a range of consulting and analytic services to public and private sector organizations in Europe and the US, with the mission to facilitate effective evidence-based decisions and better utilization of data.
- Managing Director with the Corporate Executive Board which provides best practices research, strategic management advice and data-driven analytic tools to senior-most executives at over 1,000 companies worldwide.
- A consultant with Mercer Management Consulting where he helped telecommunications companies in the US and Australia achieve significant cost and service quality improvements.
- A financial analyst with GE Information Services in the US and the UK.
Larry’s government and nonprofit sector experience includes serving as:
- Board member on the Maryland State Board of Education, which is responsible for education policy in Maryland. Larry was appointed by Maryland’s governor.
- Executive Director of Green America, a national nonprofit focused on creating a green economy. The organization informs people’s choices and brings together businesses and other stakeholders to achieve system-wide change.
- Mayor of Rockville, Maryland – a diverse, international city of over 60,000 residents. Larry led the highly successful $400 million revitalization of Rockville’s Town Center, recognized as a model for transit-oriented, mixed-use redevelopment. Under Larry’s leadership, Rockville’s city government achieved a triple AAA bond rating for the first time. While Mayor, Larry accompanied Maryland’s governor on a trade mission to Shanghai and Singapore, and travelled to Pinneburg, Germany, a Rockville sister city.
- Commissioner on the Rockville Planning Commission, which has broad responsibility for land use matters in the City of Rockville.
Larry’s education includes an MBA from Carnegie Mellon University, and a BS Finance and BA Economics from the University of Maryland, College Park. He also completed GE’s Financial Management Program (FMP). He continues to live in Rockville, Maryland with his wife and two school-age children.